Do you have a constant nudging to do something but you just can't figure out how to get started?
Do you need someone to help keep you on track so you don't keep making excuses for not starting that thing you've always wanted?
The WHY behind MELISSA STARTING THIS GROUP.
Meetings begin October 2018 and end before Thanksgiving.
Friday, July 3rd while sitting at a bank having a complete panic attack (I had been in a fetal position crying earlier that day), I asked myself... "what is it I really need these days? why have I been losing my shit so much lately?" Poof... in popped an idea. Fresh after finishing the delightful book "You Are a Badass" by Jen Sincero. This inspiration came rushing in like a freight train. A MASTERMIND GROUP! Without thinking, hesitating or analyzing, I posted this on facebook.
"This book inspired me to start a mastermind group for those who are starting a new business, in the beginning of business ownership or just looking to be around other creative people. I’m beginning this lovely adventure in August. PM if you’re interested!"
I thought to myself, what the hell. It's got to be better than drinking myself into an oblivion, getting on drugs or checking out of my life and turning into a couch potato. Within 30 seconds I received my first private message. I smiled. There's at least one person that is interested. Within 24 hours, message after message came pouring in. I just laughed to myself. Either I'm crazy or this could really work. I started devouring information (again) on the google about Mastermind Groups. Truthfully, I haven't officially done one of these although I have facilitated many similar groups without calling them Mastermind Groups.
I believe that through inspiration and the unedited ideas that arrive spontaneously into our consciousness can be the guidance that we are really seeking.
If you're still interested, keep reading...
To create a loving, authentic, non-judgmental creative space where each person gives and receives support, guidance, unedited ideas and inspiration to one another.
REASONS FOR JOINING:
To give and receive feedback about a new business ideas, personal growth/transformation, an existing idea that needs clarity or refinement, or accountability for following through on dreams. Together, we will hold a space for transformation for each other.
- $99 deposit to save your spot (limited space is available & this is non-refundable)
- $150 balance due first meeting
- $25 late fee for each meeting you attend late (there is a 5-min grace period)
TIME INVESTMENT - 6 weeks:
The first meeting will be 2.5 hours and subsequently we will meet in person every week for 1.5 hours (a total of 6 meetings). In between meeting times, Melissa will be facilitating a Facebook group where you can join in on regular discussions regarding your goals and intentions that you might be working on along with resources that will be helpful along the journey.
In the initial meeting, each person will have an allotted amount of time to present their initial idea to the group. This idea could be a business, a personal growth you're hoping to create, a change you want to see in your life, etc. As a group we will collectively brainstorm and mastermind about your idea offering suggestions, advice, and tossing out insights that often arise in brainstorming. Then the subsequent weeks, we will each come to the meeting to share updates that we've made on our goals. Each week we will also focus on a select group of individuals and revisit their ideas more intensely.
Meeting time is TBA. When you fill out the form below, let us know what time works best for you!
Note the first meeting is the first week in October.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
- A group of human beings that are invested in your idea, your project, your transformation.
- The unedited presence of others who desire something similar and are dedicated to the outcome.
- Each person will also receive a copy of "You Are a BadAss at Making Money" by Jen Sincero for reference.
- Time to create and focus on goals that are important to you.
- A structure to help you implement and follow through on the tasks that will improve your chances of reaching the goal.
5 SIMPLE GUIDELINES
Like every group, we need some important ground rules. After doing loads of research to figure out what's what in the world of Mastermind groups, here are a few basic ground rules. If you don't want to play by the rules, please don't apply. :)
- Play nice or don't play at all: We are creating a conscious, open space for brainstorming and inspiration. We can do this in kind and heart-centered ways 100%! Leave the gossip, side-conversation, mean-spirited stuff at home so we can get down to business in our precious time together.
- Be authentic: We are all coming to the table with flaws, secrets, histories, mistakes, bad decisions, etc. The more authentic each person is during the sessions the more effective the Mastermind Group will be. If you have trouble being authentic, then you have 1 of 2 choices. Make it a point to work on your authenticity (and share that openly) or don't come. This might not be the right group for you.
- Know when to make it about you: We will be taking turns focusing on each member of the group. When it's your turn to be the presenter/sharer, share away. Say everything you need to say without interruption and make it 100% about you. When it's someone else's turn to do the same thing, listen.
- Show Up: These groups don't work well if people don't show up. If you can't, don't apply. Most Mastermind Groups come up with a way to deal with attendance. This one simply has a $25 penalty fee for being late/absent.
- Be On Time: Time is energy. Energy is money. Time is money. Don't be the asshole who can't show up on time. :)